Monday, August 15, 2016

We can all be friends and do it all weekend.....

So, my weekend....

Saturday I went to work and it was busy, but not insane.   After work, I came back home here, showered, changed my clothes and waited.   Before too much longer, THEY arrived! 

THEY is my friend Michelle (she who went to Toronto with me in April), our mutual friend Celeste and Michelle's co-worker Lynn.  (the four of us went to the Murder Mystery show at the winery back in February, if you remember that).  We sat here and talked and shared a small bottle of wine for a bit.  Then we decided to go eat at Montezuma's.

That was a mistake.  The restaurant's a/c was either broken or not working well enough.   It was SO hot in there, it was in-freaking-sane!  I kept a menu to fan myself through the entire meal.  My shirt, from and back, we soaked, as if I had just gotten out of a shower.  I have no idea who the waiters were working there: they were wearing black pants, black long sleeve button up shirt (even with the sleeves rolled up) and no a/c!  Poor folks.


After the meal, we ran to the car where, thankfully, the a/c cooled us off on our way through the mountains.  We were on our way to The Totem Pole Playhouse.  We all had tickets for "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum".   

The show itself was very entertaining.  There was eye candy too, but then again, in a play with young men in it, isn't there ALWAYS eye candy?   Nonetheless, we all enjoyed the show.

Sunday, I got up, showered, and then went out to mom's.  I drove us up to Chambersburg where we ate at Fuddruckers, and then went to Ollies (see post below) and then off to Lowes.  There I bought three 50 pound sacks of concrete.  More on this shortly.  After I dropped her off I came home and read some, finally finishing the book I've been reading for a month (again, see a post below).

Out of the blue, I got a call from Derrick, wanted to know if I was busy.  When I said I wasn't, he said he was coming over, he needed to play.  So he got here, and play we did.  When he left, I just went back to reading and putzing around online.

Then, about 630, Ghostie showed up, as planned.  We sat here, watching the end of the first Captain America movie and then the Olympics, until the ended at midnight.  He left, I went to bed, putzed around on my phone until like 1am and then went to sleep.

Monday, I got up, went to Rutters for coffee and a donut and came back to eat them and read the paper.  Mom got here and eventually, we went to the basement.   Since January 2012 I've had this....trench in the basement where the plumbers jack hammered the concrete up to get to a rotted pipe.  They replaced it threw some dirt in on top of it and that was it.  So I've needed to get some concrete in there   And that's what we were doing.


So, this morning, in less than an hour and a half, we fixed the exhaust tube from my dryer (it had torn), we put two and a half bags of concrete and water down in the end of that trench filling up about a four foot long and two foot wide area, and then we fixed one of the basement steps that was loose.  Not bad for a guy with NO skill at fixing things around that house and a 73 year old woman.

She left.  I showered, dressed, went to the credit union and got lunch at KFC.  Then, this afternoon, I did a load of laundry, I watched an episode of Charlie's Angels from 1979 (oh, the 70s.....), read some more and am now just wasting time waiting for the Olympics to be aired again.

And that was my weekend.

POLT

No comments: