Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Today was a beautiful day: highs in the mid 80s, next to no humidity, nice breeze.  So of course, I had a headache.  BLAH.

I took the day off work and slept in until 11:30am.  Otherwise, I spent the day on the couch, online a bit, reading a bit, watching tv a bid, napping a bit.  As you do.  How do I know how nice it was outside? I had the living room window open most of the day, enjoying the nice weather and not having the a/c on.

So what else has been going on with me?

I got called from the Gallup organization for a phone survery.  I took it. I hope they would be asking about political stuff, but it was all about my college degree and related stuff.  Still, i told them they could call me back for future polls, so that's kinda cool.

A few weeks ago, I got new detergent and fabric softener.  And now, after a few washings, I have this wonderful little rash under my right armpit.  Lovely.  It doesn't hurt or itch, much, so that's positive.  But I've had to go get detergent and fabric softener that are all perfume and dye free.  I don't think I need that, as the stuff I used to use never caused me any problems, but I went this route just to be sure.  And I rewashed most everything I can recall washing in the other stuff.  Also, I'm taking benedryl and using hydrocortizone topically.  Hopefully, this is all be gone in a few days.

While washing the clothes in the new stuff yesterday, I forgot to take my checkbook out of my shorts pocket.  *sad trombone noise*  I did remember it before the cycle had completed, but it didn't matter.  After I fished it out, the checkbook was ruined, and I lost three checks, but only three, so it could have been worst, I guess.

Finally finished that book on the Kremlin that I had been reading, and that took me over a month to finish.  Crazy.  I immediately started reading the book of the movie "30 Days Of Night" (I might have mentioned all this here before, who knows?  I'm old and forgetful)  That book was taking me a little time, having only gone like 50 pages in 4 days.  But then, Sunday afternoon, I started reading it, and got wrapped up in it, and finished the remaining 275 pages all that afternoon!  It wasn't a difficult book, in fact it was a quick read, but I just had to get into it I guess.

I know there's some other things I wanted to mention, but with being tired, and headachy, and old, I can't remember them.  Ah, well, when I do, I'll just make another post.

POLT


No comments: