Saturday, October 29, 2022

I would never sell my collection, for if I did, I would cry (Part 82)...

 Today In The History Of Polt's Comic Book Collection

Today we go back to October of 1993 and the second issue of DC Comics amazing miniseries The Golden Age!


James Robinson, the author, has a soft spot for the Earth-2, World War II era and the decade following.  He does great work "filling in the blanks" from the end of the WWII era until the beginning of the Silver Age in the 50s.  And of course, Paul Smith is as always an amazing artist.

This miniseries involves most of the heroes of that era and how some really bad guys end up corrupting them.  And that final battle in the fourth issue in the Capitol Building in DC...wow!

I bought all four issues as they came out, and it was SO GOOD, when I saw them all collected in a graphic novel I bought that too!

POLT

No comments: