Saturday, March 08, 2014

Change is the thing that is what we do Change is the change that's changing you...

Tonight is one of my least favorite nights of the year. I HATE when Daylight Savings Time begins.

(Frankly, the whole concept of DSL seems ludicrous to me, but the great CPG Grey explains the whole thing much better below:)

Anyway, now that's you're back from the video (interesting, wasn't it?), I'll continue.

I hate tonight because I lose an hour of sleep.  And my whole schedule is thrown off.  It'll take me about a week to adjust to the change.  And why?  Just so, in a few months, we can keep it light outside until 9:00 in the evening?  Silly.

It's not as bad in the fall, even though it still takes me about a week to adjust.  But gaining that extra hour is pretty damn sweet.

So hopefully, everyone's remembered to turn their clocks back.  Mom called to see if I had and I told her most of mine do it automatically, but the ones that don't, I'll do it when i get up.  Mom said she had already changed all hers (this was at about 700pm).  We both laughed.  It's ironic, because when he was alive, Dad always had to change to clocks before 600 in the evening, and it drove mom crazy.  And now, here she is doing the same thing.  Ah well, that's Mama Polt for ya.

POLT




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What irks me is we go from UTC-5 to UTC-4. Grrr. I wish we'd just keep it UTC time. Right now it'd be 6:04UTC.

When I worked for the InfoSec firm who shall not be named - we all used to HATE the changeover to daylight time. Caused all sorts of hicups.