Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Where's your baby? He's alone, Kennedy, your Kennedy....

I blame Stephen King.

I've been reading his book "11/22/63".  


I bought it cause I thought it was a time traveling scifi book.  And it is.  But it's also a love story.  I hate love stories.  But this one, it's just SO well written, and I got wrapped up in it....well, last night, I didn't go to sleep until after 1:00am because I honestly did NOT want to put the book down.  I wanted to read and read and read until I was finished.  But finally, after 1:00 am, and still 100 or so pages to go, I knew I couldn't finish it last night.  So I stopped, turned out the light and went to sleep.  I finished the rest of it tonight.

The book is around 850 pages long.  I started reading it on the 14th, I finished it tonight on the 19th.  I AM a fast reader, but I read this one longer each day than I normally do cause I was so into the book.  And it was one of those books where I'm sad that it's over.

When I was in high school and college I was all about King's early works: Salem's Lot, The Stand, Firestarter, Carrie, The Shining, It.  But as I got older, I found his later works a bit wordy and tedius.  So I stopped reading them.  I was hesitant to buy this one, but it was only $3.99 at Ollies, so how could I refuse?  And I'm glad I did.  It's possibly the best work of his I've ever written.  Possibly. I've just finished it, so I'm still in it's glow.  With time, I think I can evaluate that rating better.

But now, I'm very tired and going to bed soon, cause I was up WAY past my bedtime last night.  And I blame Stephen King!

POLT

No comments: