Tuesday, March 04, 2014

So, let's talk about what's happened lately, shall we?

Firstly, last Wednesday, Phoenix stopped by.  It's been quite some time since he and I hung out, I've been in the house 4.5 years, and this is only the second time he's been here, so that should give you some idea.  We ate at the Waynesburger and then came back here and just talked and caught up for a few hours.  Lots of fun, that.  I was glad to touch base again with him.

Friday night, Colin had planned to stop by.  He told me he'd be here about 5.  I got home 430ish, popped a bagel in the toaster and smothered it with cheese creme, was gonna eat it before he got here.  Before I ate it, I texted him to tell him I wasn't sure if he could park in back next to my car because there was a little pile of snow and maybe be wanted to park out front.  Immediately, I got a text back reading: I'm here.  Yeah, he was already parked next to me. ("I drive and park around DC, a little pile of snow is nothing", he says.)  He was there early, parked, and ready to go.  So go we went.

After the amazing bedtimesexxyfun we showered and came downstairs.  I ordered us pizza and we watched "Shaun Of The Dead" (Still funny after several viewings).  Then we watch some TV shows (or rather I did, Colin was a bit involved in...something else...he couldn't watch TV with what he was doing.  But I digress....)
After all this, we went to bed basically just to sleep.

I had to get up the next day to go to work.  Colin told me he always gets up at 530am.  He told me the last time he spent the night, he just laid there for an hour until my alarm went off.  I told him this time, he didn't have to do that.  And he didnt.  He woke me up right after 530....with some bedtimesexxyfun.  (I love bedtimesexxyfun first thing in the morning).  Then we showered, and left, I to work, him to his friends here in town.

Saturday after work, A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking stopped by.  Went then went to Chambersburg to eat at Fuddruckers, and then drove back to Hagerstown so he could look at ukuleles.  (no seriously, he wanted to)  The store, unfortunately, was closed, but when he went home, he ordered one online (feel free to mock him in the comments below).

Sunday, I spent the day doing nothing (to wit, woke up at 9:00, napped from 1:15 until about 5:20, went to bed at 8:00 and to sleep at 9:30).

Monday, was the first day of my jury duty.  And it snowed.  Not as bad as predicted, maybe just three inches or so.  But I got up, showered, dressed, cleaned the car off, and got to the courthouse but 815.  The first day was SO slow, tons of recesses, just kinda drug on and on.  I couldn't think there was any way they'd get done in just two days.  So Monday night I came home and hung out for a bit before going to be around 9.

This morning, I got up for the second day of the trial.  It went a bit faster, but the testimony was confusing.  They sent us to deliberations around 4, we had the verdicts around 530.  I volunteered to be the foreman, since I had done it before, and they all said that was fine, so i got to read the verdicts.

Long story short, the trail was a child sexual abuse case.  The guy was charged with aggravated indecent assault of a child, indecent assault of a child and rape of a child.  We all believed the Commonwealth didnt prove anything to use, they had a pretty crappy case.  So we disposed of the first and third charges almost right away.  Most of the rest of the time we spent on the second charge.  We finally all agreed he was guilty of that.

It was boring during the trial, but exciting in deliberations, the back and forth and discussing and persuading.  Overall, I look forward to being on a jury again if I'm selected.

So, that's been my last week.  I've been a bit late in posting some of the regular daily things, and that's why.  But hopefully I'll be back on schedule now and everything will get back to some semblance of normalcy again.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Wow, that's a heavy case you were on. And you are looking forward to it again? How about you go for me if I'm called ; ).