Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Object of my desire, I'm walking on a wire (Part 18)...

Tonight I walked 1.60 miles in 27 minutes.


I hadn't been outside since Sunday due to the snow, sleet, freezing rain, ice, and then rain.   (Well other than Rutters for breakfast each day)  I went out in the early afternoon to shovel the slush off the sidewalk and to clean the car off, which didn't really take all that long.

But about 230-ish, I'm sitting here, feeling a bit cabin-fever-ish, and seeing that not only has the rain stopped but the sun was out!   So I had a get well card to mail, I threw on some sneakers and the coat, grabbed the card and made my way to the Post Office.  Killing two birds with one stone, I also got another roll of stamps I needed, and then returned home. It was a pleasant walk out in the sun, did me a lot of good improving my mood.

Seen On Tonight's Walk: The terrible condition of the sidewalks on Main Street in town.  One store managed to clean it's sidewalk, but as you can see, the rest were just deplorable.


POLT


No comments: