Thursday, February 18, 2016

SO...

This afternoon, mom and I made plans for me to go out to her place after work, and then we'd go up The Manor and eat in the dining room there.

I got there, and she told me she had asked Peggy to go along and eat with us.  Peggy is a lady that lives across the street from her.  Peggy is 94 years old and still does several different volunteer things out there both in the Village and at the Old Folks Home as well.  Peggy can't drive a car anymore, but she has a golf cart that she drives all over the Village campus.  When my grandmother died, Peggy made mom a pineapple upside-down cake, and brought it over to mom's house on her own.  Mom plays cards with Peggy about once a week or so.

As you can tell, mom talks about Peggy a lot.  And apparently, she talks about me to Peggy.  So mom thought it only right that Peggy and I met each other, and therefore, we were going to eat.

It was pleasant meal.  I had the meat loaf and baked potato with broccoli.  I enjoyed the food and the company.  Peggy is a fun and funny lady.

As the dining hall is on the second floor, there is an elevator, with a stairwell wrapped around it.  I always take the stairs, cause it's only one level.  Mom usually takes them with me, so she can 'keep in practice' with stairs.  But since Peggy was along, they both rode the elevator.

As I was going down the stairs, before they got on, I heard Peggy say, "He's very nice."  And mom said, "Well he gets that from his mother."  ....love her!

I mentioned this after we got back to mom's place after dropped Peggy off.  We both laughed.  And mom said I didn't hear what she else she said on the elevator.  Apparently, Peggy said to her, "It's a shame he never found a lady."  And we laughed again.  Ah well, Peggy is a sweet lady.

So that was my early evening: dinner with two lovely older ladies.

POLT

No comments: