Monday, June 20, 2016

Better stand behind the barricades, here comes the big parade....

Yep, it's that time: Time for DC Gay Pride Parade 2016.  I dont think I took as many as I have in past years (mainly cause I was macking on Travis instead of snapping photos), and the ones I took some were pretty blurry, but, eh, here's what I got.

We didn't get an entire group photos this year, but here's the group photo I DID have taken: Travis From Long Island, Diego, Polt, and Derick.  In this one, I've got crazy eyes going on, but Travis is showing his great smile.

 In this one, I've got normal eyes, but unfortunately, Travis isn't smiling.  The other two just look good in both pics....like they do in real life.

This is the Grand Marshal, Leslie Jordan.  Naturally, when I got around to taking a pic, he was looking the other way.

This is another of the marshals, Kathleen Mathews.  She's a reporter working for a local TV station. (that's Josh on the left and Rhonda on the right)

I obviously wanted to catch the tall lean shirtless hottie.....but he was out of focus.  Something that happened repeatedly. :(

I'm certain I was trying to get the hotting in the wifebeater holding the sign...and he too is looking away.

This is one of the local bands, and even if you can't see it, I took the photo because his trombone is purple and his hair is dyed a matching purple color! 

Behind the girl in the middle of the photo, see the shirtless black guy wearing purple?  He's twerking.  And that's what I was attempting to get a photo of.

I got a better photo of him and his outfit here (featuring the side of Josh's head).

Bagpipers in kilts.

The British contingent, in a double decker bus and the British Union Jack redone with rainbow colors.

This time, the hot shirtless Asian was in focus and looking my way.

I honestly have no idea what I was aiming for here.  I think it may be some hottie behind the red nails painted hand.  Ah well.

Hot shirtless guy riding on a convertible.

The Canadian float went by and I didn't get any photos as it passed!  What WAS I thinking?  At least I remembered and put the camera in the air and managed to get this!

A float from the Netherlands, the first time they had one!  Welcome.

The Nordic Countries had a group of people walking, another first.  And to then, also welcome!

Snapped a pic of Travis From Long Island as he filmed something and looked out of the corner of his eye at me.

I got the shirtless cutie in focus, but looking the other way (again featuring the side of Josh's head).

No idea who this is or why i took it.  Maybe it was the purple shirts, maybe it was the guy in the wife beater vest in roughly the center.  Who knows?

And then the strippers started arriving!

Strippers...

...strippers....

...and more strippers!

Oh hey look!  It's some more strippers!

This time I was trying to get a shot of the cute stripper in the green undies.  But what I succeeded in getting was his ass and the side of Diego's head and his hat.

This young man was VERY tall...an shirtless.  And cute. And there's Diego's hat again.

I assume somewhere in the shadows there, there's a hot shirtless guy.

Hot guy in a tub, with a hot guy in a tiny purple Speedo and an even HOTTER guy in rainbow wings and a yellow Speedo that just barely contained his junk!

More of the above, with the purple Speedo now visible.

More of the above, but highlighting the asses of each of the guys.

Gay Pride For Hillary!  YAY!


I think I was trying to get the cutie holding that large inflatable ball.

Oh yes, there I got him.  nice.  And so is the hot shirtless guy in the right of the photo!

Hot Asian guy in a wifebeater....looking the other way.

The only reason for this pic is the hat: Make America Gay Again!  HAH!

Big blue inflatable dog!

Pretty sure I was aiming for the guy with the flag tied around his waist, or the shirtless guys in front of him, but who knows?  Caught a Canadian flag in the pic, so that makes it a good pic then.

The hot guy in blue...nice.

Snapped a surprise shot of Derick (featuring the back of Josh's head and the front of Matt's face).  See all the beads they had collected!

Got Diego to turn around so I could get a photo, and he smiled too!  He's got a lovely smile, but he says he doesn't usually smile in photos (featuring CC on the left and some random lady on the right)

A float with some hot shirtless guys on it.

Oh it's from Nellie's Sports Bar! Okay.

Wish I had gotten better shorts, some of these guys were really hot!

Bunch of hot shirtless guys in rainbow undies and caps (featuring Diego's hat).

More of the above photos, but I didn't zoom in on them, so you really can't see them (featuring the top of CC's head).

I don't know who this group is, but I took this to get the hot guy with the hairthing there in front.

And then he so graciously came over and gave beads to a lesbian standing there. And I got a closeup. And he was beautiful!

 A drag queen, in pink and heels (featuring Diego's hat).

PUPPIES!

Shirtless guy with rainbow wings, even though i THINK I was trying to get the two shirtless guys behind him.  They look yummy, if a bit blurry.

Some fierce marching band troupe, the color guard waiting to move.

Annnnnnnnnd, there they go!  on the move.

Hot shirtless batch of guys.

This was a REAL cutie, shirtless, Black, twink.  It wasn't until after he passed that I saw he was wearing a collar and there were two chains attached being held by two girls walking behind him.

A sexy, blurry, shirtless, bald Black guy.

Short shorts and a wife beater.  Nice.

My GOD, the guy in the red and white frilly pants was a tall, muscley drink of water! Damn!

Hot guys on a float.

Hot guys on a float.

Look, more hot guys on a float!  I think this was last one, and was made up of the organizers of the parade and such.

Travis and I kissing, the preacher with the megaphone is behind us.

And this is my swag from my time at the parade!

I went to the Washington Blade (DC gay newspaper) and saw their photos from the parade.  The following are all from there and are not by me!

Eleanor Holmes Norton, DC's non-voting member of the US House of Representatives.  She's walked in every parade I've been to.  Every single one of them.  I hear she walks the entire parade route. WALKS it.  She's currently 79 years old!  

A better photo of Kathleen from the TV station.

A much MUCH better photo of the bathing beauty, the purple Speedo and the barely contained bulge with the rainbow wings!

Didn't see this guy at ALL during the parade....nice to see him here though.

And the same here: didn't see this guy, but damn I would have liked to.

And this somewhere along the parade route, I LOVE the decorations that house did!

POLT

No comments: