Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Swallow this scene, I'm on fire....

Last Tuesday morning, I woke up with a sore throat.  It got worse Wednesday.  It wasn't a 'normal' sore throat.  My throat felt thick.  The nurse at work looked at it and said my tonsils were inflamed, which i kinda figured.  That explained the 'thick' feeling.  I also think I had a slight fever.  And I was tired all the time.

I went to work on Thursday, but I got done what I needed to, and then, left taking 5 hours leave.  Friday I took off as well.  Saturday, since I'm the only one from my department, I went in, took care of the new clients and then, after only two hours, came home.

Other than those time, I pretty much spent all my time in the house, int he a/c, on the couch, watching Game Of Thrones, gargling with warm salt water, sucking on cough drops, swallowing Advil every four hours and grimacing every time I painfully swallowed.

Yesterday, it started changing.  It felt less...thick, and more...raw.  More like a normal sore throat.  Today, I went to work, still taking the Advil and sucking on the cough drops.  The throat still hurts a bit, but not like over the weekend.  And now I have a congested head and a dry cough.  This is more like a normal cold.  And while that does inDEED suck, it's much better than what I was going through over the past week.

On the plus side, since I've not been doing anything else, I've gotten through 5 seasons of Game Of Thrones.  I'm through two episodes in the 6th season.  I plan on finishing it up by the weekend.

Good times, good times.


POLT

No comments: