Tuesday, September 30, 2014

King for a day, you give so much more...

I really tried, but I can't.  I understand "The Once And Future King" is a classic about King Arthur.  From X2, I discovered it's a favorite of both Magneto and Professor X.  But I simply can NOT finish it.

It's flat out boring.  I mean, not only does the author tell us they're going on boar hunt, and not only does he describe what happens in a boar hunt, in excruciating detail, but he mentions they're taking the dogs with them.  And names...every...single....dog...and what breed they are, and goes on to describe what the different deeds each breed is the best at doing.  And then never mentions the dogs again.  *SIGH*  what a freakin' waste of time.

I've been struggling with this for almost three weeks.  I got about 225 pages into this 500 and some page book and could simply go no further.  

So that's it.  I'm moving on.  Onto a Doctor Who book.  I'm hoping I'll enjoy this quite a bit more.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

At least you tried! I haven't read it. But I did read Le Morte d'Artur. Can't remember if I liked it, though. Old!