Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Gotta spend some time, on the labor of love....

"How was your Labor Day Holiday Weekend, Polt?"

Gee, thanks for asking.  It started with me working Saturday (as I do every week), but it all balanced out cause I had off today (since Monday was both my regular day off and Labor Day) as I took the holiday today.

Saturday night, I had a gentleman caller for a few hours (almost two gentlemen callers, but that just couldn't get worked out) of bedtimesexxyfun.  Sunday, I don't believe I did much of anything other than just lay around (not that that surprises any of you, I'm sure).  Monday, I went to mom's for a 'holiday picnic": hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, baked beans, deviled eggs, chips, cheese...you know the usual.  Then we hit Wal-Mart and I did a few things around the house (more on that later) including laundry.  Today, I got up early, cause the guy was coming with my new dishwasher at 830.  It took him an hour and a half to take the old one out, put the new one in and get it up and running.  Then mom and I went to do some grocery shopping, and I picked up a 5 lb bag of still warm roasted peanuts at Greencastle Coffee Roasters (man I just LOVE the way that place smells).  Then, after dropping mom off I came home and putzed around until it was time for dental cleaning.  That was over in a half hour and went amazingly well.  And I made an appointment to finally (after two years) get a crown on that one tooth.  The dentist says it 90% filling and a crown will make it more stable and help preserve the remaining 10% tooth.  So yeah, gonna get that done the end of the month. Later in the evening, I finally got to run the dishwasher, cause mom wanted me to wait until she was there to see it run.  ???  Yeah, I don't get it either, it's a dishwasher, not a trained lion juggling explosive steak knives...its not like there's much to see.  But whatever, I waited.  And when she got here, I loaded it up (with like a quarter load, cause that's all the dirty dishes I had) and turned it on.  And we stood there looking at it for like two minutes before going to the living room to talk for a bit. And now I'm typing this up and getting ready for bed.

So here's a few pics:

Got this poster down at the Destination Arts downtown a few weeks ago.  It's of a distinctive door in the Waynesboro area.  I framed it and put it on the wall in the vestibule.  Hung this up on Monday, as well as.... 

I had wanted a mirror in my Kitchen right next to the back door so I can quickly check how I look when I leave when I want to.  I mentioned this to mom and she gave this mirror she had at her house.  My dad's mother had it in her kitchen, over the sink.  Before they had a bathroom inside the house, dad used to shave there using this mirror.  And it IS old, you can tell by the frame and all.   And now I have a family antique to use in my kitchen.

Old dishwasher....

...the space inbetween the dishwashers....

....and the final product: the new dishwasher in place and ready to roll!
POLT   

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Your mom cracks me up. Congrats on the new dishwasher. I hate Walmart, but I like your story about your mirror : ).