Sunday, September 28, 2014

When I chirp, Shawty chirp back...

SO this morning, after getting my shower, I came downstairs and, at the bottom of the stairs, on a bookshelf, I saw this:


You see that?  That's a cricket.  Just sitting there like he owns the place.  I got a container, put it over him, used the magazine he was sitting on as a cover and walked him outside. I let him loose off my back porch.  And we both went on about our days.

But I wonder how he got in my house.  And not just inside a door or window, but in a part of the house not near either.  AND I wonder how he got atop the shelf.  This is what he was sitting on!


See that lil black mark on top?  That's him!  That bookcase is a yard high.  Man, can crickets jump...apparently.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Jumping roaches!! Ick!

I hear that they're good luck, though : ).