Monday, September 01, 2014

So August has passed, and I was not given an ALS Icebucket Challenge (and please allow me to emphasize here I am *NOT* complaining about that!  Not even a lil bit!).  However, I think the idea behind it was a good one. I waited to see if someone would challenge, but now that they haven't (again, not at ALL upsetting to me, I promise!), and it's kinda petered out, I decided now was the time to just go ahead and donate on my own.  

So today, I donated $100 to ALS.  I recommend that every Palace reader who was not challenged or has not yet donated, go to http://alsa.org/ and donate a lil bit, whatever you can financially, to a good cause.   


I'm going to try, if I can financially, at the end of each month, to so donate to a different charity each month.  And I'll note it here when I do it, so maybe some Palace readers can donate as well.  I think it'd be a good thing if the Palace had it's own small group of charity donaters.  And even if I'm the only one, well, still, its better to give it to charity than to just have me horde it myself.

POLT
   

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Good for you! I'm kind of surprised we weren't nominated either... What's up with that? I can just see Mama Polt dumping a bucket of ice water on your head.

I donated, too. But not the whole $100 (because I donate to other charities and organizations). I'm not Oprah!