Monday, February 08, 2016

Weekend comes and all we've said is done....

My weekend.

Saturday, I went to work, as usual.  After work, I went to the ParisPeking household, where we all had a delicious meal, consisting of meat loaf, potatoes, green bean casserole, and bread, prepared by ALCMDPP himself.  And I drank the majority of a bottle of Asti, as Mrs. ALCMDPP drank the rest.  And then the majority of us adjourned to the 'man cave' where we watched "Ant-Man".

ALCMDPP had scoffed at the movie when it was out last summer.  But, he gave in and decided to watch it.  And when it was over, he said he liked it.  Which is exactly how I felt about it.  It was fun (unlike the DC movies) and while it wasn't 'great', it was enjoyable.

Afterwards, I came home, watched another episode of "The West" and then went to bed.

Sunday, I got up late morning.  Got showered and dressed and headed out. I went to Rutters for gas and some coffee.  Then I drove to mom's.  There, we had the lunch she prepared: Ham (which was incredibly salty), sweet potatoes and green beans.  Oh, and bread.  And afterwards, we chatted a bit.  Good time.

After this, I texted Derick, as planned, and went to his place.  I picked him and took him to the grocery store to get some stuff.  When I took him home, I went inside with him and we had some bedtimesexxyfun.  It had been awhile, and it was great.

When I left, I came home and watched some more episodes of "The West" and read some, before I had to leave.

At the appropriate time I went to my friend Duff's.  For the last 20 years, we have gotten together, usually at his place, to watch the Super Bowl.  And did so this year as well.  As usual, Duff's wife and step daughter were there.  Also, his aunt Cindy, as usual, showed up, and she brought her little wienie's wrapped in bacon snack.  Delish!  And his friends Angie and Rich were there too, just like they usually are.

The Super Bowl itself?  Eh, I thought it was boring. I HATE defensive, low scoring games.  And that's what this one was.  Plus there was a LOT of sloppy plays, on both sides.  Dropped balls, incomplete catches, turnovers, etc.  Yeah, Carolina didn't win like I wanted, but I was happy to see Peyton Manning get a Super Bowl ring right before he retires.  But still, the game was boring as hell.  Through most of the fourth quarter, we spent more time talking to each other than we did watching the game.

Today, I got up and showered, went to Rutters to get coffee and a donut, and came home, ate it and read today's paper.  Then I waited for mom to get here.  She stopped in and helped me clean out the ceiling fan in the bathroom.  It's not been done since I've lived here, six and a half years.  I had no idea what was involved in it, but I climbed up the step ladder and had no problem getting the fan casing off.  And that's where most of the dirt, dust and gunk was packed.  So we cleaned that out, and cleaned out the fan as well, and put it all back together.

She and I talked for a little bit and then she left.  I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing up "The West".  I also did two loads of laundry.  When I had completed the documentary, I was kinda bored and suffering from a bit of cabin fever/seasonal affective disorder/winter blues.  So I decided to take a walk, which I did.  Only the second walk of this year so far.  And I went to The Waynesburger along the way and got a burger to bring home and eat, which I did.  I've spent the remainder of the time since then watching more Star Trek: The Next Generation reruns.

Oh the exciting life I lead.

POLT

No comments: