Friday, April 15, 2016

Okay, so what happened on the Toronto trip anyway?

Michelle and I left here about 11:30.  But prior to this, I managed to get a doctor's appointment at 8:30am.  My left shoulder has been killing me since the Friday before (see THIS POST for more details), and I wanted to talk to him about giving me something to help me sleep at night.  He looked at my shoulder, and me move my arms in different way, felt the shoulder, etc.  He said it doesn't look like it's a tear of the rotater cuff, but he said I might have a strain, or I might have pinched something.  At any rate, he gave me a shot of toradol, which is a muscle relaxant and a pain killer as well.  And then he gave me a prescription for toradol, a 5 day regimen.  And he gave me Vicodin to help me sleep.  After getting them filled, I came home and waited on Michelle.  When she got here, we packed up Belle and off we went.

We got to Bradford PA 5 hours later, checked into the hotel, rested a bit and then walked (in the rain) to Beefeaters for supper.  Had the same meal I ALWAYS get there: 14 oz Prime Rib.  Oh my GOD, it was so good, it's was almost orgasmic.  And afterwards, I got some of the New York cheesecake with strawberries.  Delish!

We came back to the room, she went to the hot tub and the pool, I got a shower.  We both got done at the same time, because she said the chlorine was hurting her head.  So then we hung out in the room until it was time to go to sleep.

I slept well, my shoulder barely even bothered me, although I'm sure the toradol and the Vicodin had something to do with that.  Michelle got up first and got into the shower.  I got up and while waiting for the shower, opened the curtains, and saw....snow.  Seriously, snow!

Nonetheless, we got ready, packed up, went to John William's European Pastry Shop or breakfast!  Delish as always.  After filling Belle up with gas, off we went north.  And the further we went, the worse the snow got.  I was quite nervous about it, and didn't think i could drive through Buffalo and on the interstates in Canada in that kind of weather.  Michelle said we could get a hotel room here and continue on tomorrow.  But I didn't want to do that.

We went to the Wal-Mart in Springville because that's where we usually stop to use the bathroom.  We did, got some snackie stuff and some drinks and came back out to the car.  It was no longer snowing.  So we continued on, and luckily, it didn't start snowing again.  In fact, once we reached Buffalo, the roads were dry, it had never even snowed.

And further, once we crossed the Peace Bridge into Canada, the clouds parted and we had blue skies all the way into Toronto.

We got there with no problems (other than a slight traffic jam), gave our car to the valet, grabbed out luggage and checked in.  We were in room 1215.  The elevators took forever because, there are 15 floors in the hotel, and floors 5-9 were under renovation.  So the construction workers were using the elevators too.  It's like every elevator stopped at every floor.  took forever.

We got into the room and it was amazing. I already mentioned the beds and pillows.  The bathroom was very nice as well.  And our view, looking north, showed the all new 5 skyscrapers they were erecting!  Crazy!

We grabbed the money we wanted to convert to Canadian and walked several blocks south to a money exchanging place.  Then we walked back up Yonge, across Weselley and then down Church (ie, the gay ghetto) checking out the scene.  We went back to the hotel room, and hung out and relaxed for a bit.  Then we decided to get supper.

There's an Elephant and Castle restaurant down the street, but it was closed for renovations.  Michelle found online there was another one on King street, so we walked all the way down there.  The place was packed, maybe because it's kind of a sports bar, and it was the Blue Jays home opener.  And plus, the restaurant wasn't that far from the site of the game.  At any rate, it was packed, but we didnt have to wait long for a table and the food was of course, delicious as always!

After the meal, we walked back to the hotel a different way to see more stuff.  We hung out there for a bit, before I decided to go check out the sex shops and see if they were still the same.  I found the one on Church St: Love Shop.  And yeah, it was the same: sleazy video booths in the back.  I didn't stay long.

Then i walked to the Yonge street store.  There were slight differences there, but I got the hang of it pretty easily.  I didn't spend much time there either, planning on coming back later in the trip.  I left there and returned to the hotel room.  Michelle and I hung out watching TV, being online, and then we turned out the light and went to sleep.

And that was the first two days.  More forthcoming!

POLT

No comments: