Monday, April 18, 2016

Okay, we where did I leave off on the Toronto Trip?  I think I had gone through Friday night.  So let's start at that point.

Saturday morning, Michelle and I got up and showered and headed out to the Second Cup in the bottom of the hotel.  I had a hot chocolate and a blueberry pastry thing they had there.  I'm not sure what Michelle had.  But we sat there and ate and drank and talked and enjoyed ourselves.  We actually talked to a guy next to us, who heard us talking, and said his daughter and son-in-law were in Maryland (Michelle mentioned it in our conversation) working at John Hopkins.  Interesting the people you meet in Toronto.

After this, we went for a walk downtown.  I think I forgot to mention something about Friday.  When we walked to the money changing place, we passed another theater, that was showing a performance of "Judas Kiss" starring Rupert Everett as Oscar Wilde.  Michelle said we should get tickets.  I said, you can't get tickets to a Saturday night performance on Friday night, but when we got back to the room, she got online, checked into it and did in fact get us tickets.  Surprise!

So while we were walking around, I got to thinking, and I said it to her: I only brought jeans along.  And while those are fine for Kinky Boots, but for a drama, a serious drama, I don't think jeans weren't appropriate.  So she said, we should go shopping at The Bay, a department store founded in 1670.  So I was like, okay, whatever.  I don't, cause I'm not really able, to buy pants off the rack much.

So we went to The Bay.  And much to my surprise, I found a pair of khakis that I liked and that fit.  So, I ended up buying them.  We then walked back through the Eaton Center, stopping at Indigo (the Canadian Barnes & Noble), where we both bought some books.   And we got a few other things.

We went back towards the hotel, and stopped at The Wine Rack, a small store across the street.  They were having a small wine tasting, which we participated in, but we also bought two bottles.  Then we went back to the room.

We hung out there a little bit before I decided I'd go to the sleazy sex shop and see what was going on.  And I did.  I wandered into the back and there was only one guy there.  We since he was the only one there, we hooked up.  He looked familiar, but I blew it off, thinking it was my imagination.

When we were done and cleaning up, he asked me my name and I told him.  And as soon as I did, I realized that I DID know him!  It was Fizul!

Back in 2002 or 2003, I met Fizul there in Toronto.  And the next time I was up there, we met up but he only had time to get coffee and sit on a bench and talk, not to hookup.  We kept in touch several times over the years, but the last time we had any contact at all was at least over 5 years ago, probably longer.  Well he said he never really came into Toronto anymore either, he was just in that day to do something at one of the buildings, and he decided to stop by this store just for the hell of it.
It was a HUGE coincidence that he would be there at that time, the exact same time that I randomly chose to just go by there.  Crazy.  After we realized who we were, we stood there and talked, and kissed (cause he is an amazing kisser), and hugged and caught up just a little bit.  It was just....well, amazing.

I left and went back to the hotel, showered, changed my clothes (Michelle had already gotten herself ready) and we headed out.  We walked to the Pickle Barrel and had a great meal there.  Then we walked a little further down the street to the theater.

Judas Kiss, the play, was....eh.  It wasn't bad, but it wasn't fun.  I mean, it was kinda interesting.  And there was a TON of flat out, full frontal nudity.  There were 6 actors and an actress in the entire cast, and the three youngest, hottest guys were, luckily, all nude at least once.  IN fact, one guy in the second act was naked for almost the entire time he was on stage.  So yeah, that was fun.  But otherwise, eh, I don't know, it was kind of a downer.

After this play, we walked back to the hotel and hung out there the rest of the night. I was thinking of going out again, but, I had just been out in the afternoon (and had an AMAZING time), it was cold and windy, and I just wasn't feeling it.  So I stayed in.

Michelle and I watched TV and talked and read, and were online and drank the wine we had bought  and basically had as much fun in a hotel room as you can have without having sex.

Sunday morning, we got up a bit late, cause we were up late.  But we had breakfast stuff in the room (luckily, they've changed the hotel rooms, and there was a small fridge in there) so we had bagels and cream cheese.  We showered and dressed and headed out.  We walked a roundabout route to see more parts of the city.  "Kinky Boots" started at 2:00, so about noon, we decided to try to find something to eat.  We ended up in a very small, not terribly clean, underground food court.  We got food from a Chinese place, which didn't taste all that bad, but later, I questioned just how sanitary it was.  Luckily neither of us got sick.

Anyway, then we went to the play.  Kinky Boots....what can I say about it.  Well I'll say this: since the first time I saw it, Rent has been my favorite play.  Michelle agreed it was hers as well.  But that's no longer the case, for either of us.  Kinky Boots is now our favorite play!  It was fun, funny, high energy, sentimental, and just a complete and total blast!  It's definitely one we will be seeing again as some point, hopefully more than once!  I can not rave about this show enough.  If you get the chance to see it, you MUST see it!

After this, while walking back to the hotel, it started to very lightly snow.  We decided to get a pizza from the Pizza Pizza place right next door on the corner.  We ordered and were told it'd be like 20 minutes.  So since the place is SO tiny, we decided just to walk around the block.  And we did.  In the snow.  It was falling heavier than earlier, but still not real hard.  But we got the pizza, took it back to the room, and ate it along with chips we had there and wine and/or soda.  And watched more TV and did stuff online.

Before we went to sleep, we looked out through the curtains.  The rooftops were covered, the sidewalks were covered, the streets had snow on them.  *SIGH*  The first time I got to see Canadian snow....and it's in April.

Ah well, off to sleep we went.  The last two days of the trip to come.

POLT

No comments: