Sunday, May 01, 2016

Okay, so my weekend.

Friday night, after work, I just hung out here and waited for my guest.  Louis, my cute lil Singaporean friend from the DC area, was on his way for the weekend.  When he got here, we watched some tv, and he had a sandwich.  There was a bit of cuddling on the couch which led to some great bedtimesexxyfun on the bed.  This was following by some more tv watching, and then we went to sleep.

Saturday morning, I got up first, surprisingly, and was reading the paper when he woke up.  After he got a shower, I cooked up breakfast of eggs, sausage and coffee.  We also snacked on clementines and strawberries.   I showered and we hung out here on our laptops until Ghostie showed up.   Then we went to the First Annual Four State Comic Con (or some such name).   What it was, was a comic book convention in my own lil hometown.

It was being held in a roller skating rink, so you know it wasn't that large.  It had a bunch of booths selling all things comic book related or similar stuff (anime, Doctor Who, slasher films, cosplay, etc).  Oh, and they had some 'celebrity' tables.  There was....

This guy, from the original Mad Max movie.

From the Walking Dead's original episode, we had the bicycle zombie girl.

There was another guy there who had played a walker in the Walking Dead, and one of the black guy who played a Blue Power Ranger in one of the various series.  I didn't know either one of those.   Yeah, well they weren't A-List ers, but hey, it's lil Waynesboro PA!  It's amazing we got that many.

We did one circuit around checking things out, took less than 45 minutes.  Ghostie stopped at a booth and was checking out some comic books.  Louis and I were both a little hungry, so he got a slice of pizza, I got a hot dog and some fries.  And while we were eating, Ghostie come to us, bag in hand.  It seems he bought some comic books, some early Wolverines, and spent almost $90 on them.  Yes, Louis and I were quite surprised by that as well.  But even more surprising to us was that he said he was leaving.  He's studying for some law school finals, and so, after about an hour there, he left.

Louis and I hung around for a bit, but since we could get back in because of the stamp on the back of our hands, we left and came home here.  We both napped a bit, he more than me.  We were on our laptops for a time.  And then about 330, we went back to the comiccon.

This was because there was show we wanted to see.  My friend Corey was performing his 'freak show' called Coffinbox Circus (or something like that).  He's quite the showman, with all he was saying.  What he did was, lifted a bowling ball with his ears, lifted a beer keg with his ears, put hypodermic needles through the skin on his arms, and one on his forehead, he put a meat skewer through his cheek and brought it out through his mouth.  And for his finale, he had a staple gun and people could bring bills up and staple them to his upper body.  Yeah, no kidding.  I even took a $5 up and stapled it to his left shoulder.  Yeah, no kidding.  Wow.   But the entire group that was watching him were cheering and yelling him on, so it was a good show...I suppose.

Anyway, after this, they had the cosplay contest.  There were kids, teens and adults.  And frankly, I was amazed at the amount of them, and all the work they put into their costumes and such.  Some of them were really incredible.  Louis and I didn't stay to see who won the contests because he was very hungry.  And he wanted to eat a buffet.

So I said goodbye to Corey and then we went to Bonanza in the Chambersburg Mall and seriously overstuffed ourselves.  Afterwards, we walked a circuit around the mall checking out a few stores on the way.   Following this, we made our way home, driving by mom's cottage to show him where she now lived and how far it was from my house.  And then we came back here.  We watched some more tv and were on our laptops a bit, but then we decided to turn in.

So this morning, he was up before and woke me up.....in my favorite way to be woken up.  And that led to some more great bedtimesexxyfun.  After this I walked to Rutters to get some coffee and a donut.  Louis didn't want that, and didn't want me to cook for him, he insisted on doing it for himself.  So even though I think it makes me a terrible hose, I let him cook his own breakfast.  After breakfast and showers, we spent more time just surfing the net on our laptops (and while it seems like we did a lot of that, and did, we were also showing each other things and talking and such while doing so.)

When lunch rolled around, we went to Applebees and ate there.  Soon after returning home, though, he packed up and headed back home.  It was a short, but fun time.  As it always is when he visits.

So I laid on the couch, read my book for a bit before I dropped into a nap.  A bit after that, I got a text from Derick.  He asked about coming over.  Well, who am I to say no?  So a little under and hour, he got here.  And more bedtimesexxyfun commenced.

After he left, I was online for a bit and then decided to update my weekend here.  And there you have it.  And the coolest part is, the weekend's not over yet!  I got something fun going on Monday evening, and then I'm off work Tuesday so who KNOWS what could be happening the next 48 hours?

POLT



No comments: