Monday, July 18, 2016

SO.....

After work Saturdat I went to 2nd&Charles (you'll see the books I got in a post below), and then I met Mrs. A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking at the theater.  We saw The Legend Of Tarzan.  In a word, it was...well boring.  It was a cookie cutter Hollywood film: damsel in distress used as bait, evil bad guy was VERY evil, hero seemingly dies at the end but doesn't, plucky sarcastic side kick, etc, etc, etc.  Even seeing the actor playing Tarzan shirtless and muscly, wasn't even all that interesting (although seeing hordes of sexy African tribesmen shirtless and in loincloths WAS kinda nice eye candy).

Afterwards, I came home and hug out here doing nothing until about 11, when I went to bed, but ended up staying away until about 2AM watching videos on YouTube.

Sunday I had lunch with mom (she made meatloaf, baked potatos, broccoli and salad) and then spent the remainder of the day here doing nothing.  I did contact a fuckbuddy I hook up with once or twice a year.  We made arrangements and he got here about 530.  Five hours later, after much bedtimesexxyfun, he left.  And I had a bite to eat and then went to bed.

Today, I got up and putzed around here doing absolutely nothing.  Until 1:15 or so when it was time to go to the hospital for my MRI.  I got there, they took me back.  I filled out some paperwork and then the girl took me to the machine itself.  I'm not claustrophobic, but she said we should do a test run first to see how I handle it. I was like, sounds good.

She starts sending me in.  Initially, I had my eyes closed, but then I thought, I'm not gonna keep my eyes closed the entire time I'm in there, so I better open them just to see what it was like.  And when I did...well, just my shoulders were in but the machine was like less than a foot from my nose and...and yeah, there's no way that was going to work.  And I told her so, and she pulled me back out.

Nope, no way was that going to happen.


She said I should contact my doctor, sometimes they give sedatives.  Also, there is a wider barrel machine (70 inches and opposed to the 60 inches at the one I was in) I might be able to try.  So, I don't know I'll have to contact my doctor and see what he suggests.  

So now I'm back home, in the a/c, watching a torrential downpour/thunderstorm happen outside while watching The Force Awakens on Roku.

Not a bad afternoon.

POLT

No comments: