Thursday, July 28, 2016

Back in May, in my front garden, I put a pot with a bunch of flower in it, in the yard instead of planting flowers in the dirt this year.  And since then, other than watering it....I did NOTHING.  Oh I did put a bird feeder up, yeah there was that.  And a lot of seeds thrown into the garden.

So, as I said, I did NOTHING since I put it there mid may.  And it looked.....well, atrocious.  I wanted to get a photo of it, but forgot before I started the clean up.  But there was a lot of this grassy, interconnected weed.  There were two thistles that were almost up to my waist.  And because of the seeds from the bird feeder thrown around, including some corn kernels, I had several stalks of corn growing there too, about a yard high.  One of them even had the beginning of a cob growing on it about the size of my middle finger.  

But I managed to rip all that out, leaving only a little bit of the grassy stuff.  What I did do took about 45 minutes.  I still have a little bit of stuff to remove, I'll probably do that this Sunday or Monday morning.

But starting Tuesday until this afternoon, the back of my thighs ACHED!  I could NOT get out of or in to a chair with using my hands on the arms of the chair.  Steps were a lot of fun too.

Also, about the same time, the inside of the palms of my hands started aching as well, I suppose from all the grabbing and pulling of weeds.  

Luckily, as of now, they've both subsided, and I'm sure by tomorrow it wont be a problem.  But DAMN, does it suck to be aching like this after only 45 minutes of work.  I am SO old....and SO out of shape....


POLT

No comments: