Friday, July 15, 2016

The last 24 hours have actually pretty nifty.

Last night, about 9, my friend Corey came over.  He worked on the computer, and fixed it. He took the keyboard off, unplugged it, fiddled with stuff on the bottom of the laptop, put it all back together, and hey ho, the keyboard worked!  Yaaa, I've got my regular laptop back.

He does computer stuff for work, so after doing so, he took off Avant because he said he's seen that not work well with Windows10.  And in it's place he put Kaspersky on, saying it works well.  I gave him a little bit of cash for his time, even though he said he didn't need anything. 

And the entire time, we talked, visited and caught up, it's been a few years since we actually did so, so that was nice.

This morning, when the alarm went off, I decided I didn't want to spend 8 hours in that sauna where there was no a/c.  So I called in and said I'd take an hour's leave and be in an hour late.  So I laid in bed, in the cool a/c and slowly woke up.


When I got to work, the other good news hit me: the a/c was back!  My office was 90 degrees the day before at 8am, today, it was 85, which isn't a LOT cooler, but the best part, the humidity was GONE!  Even though it wasn't exactly cool yet, it wasn't humid, and that allowed the fans I have blowing on me to work better than they have been.  And as time goes on, of course, it will get cooler and cooler.

Then, in the late morning, I got a call from one of my superiors who told me I had been chosen once again for a urine test.  This is the third time!  Some people I work with have been called just once, some not at all yet.  They say it's random, and I believe it is, I mean, what else could explain it.

Anyhow, the test is down off site.  So my superior told me to meet him at that place at 3PM.  Which I did.  And after it was all done, like 3:30 or so, we both just left and came on home.  So I went in late, left early and had air conditioning. 

Thank God!


Not at all a bad past day or so, eh?

POLT

No comments: