Monday, July 25, 2016

As a student of history, there are a few things that I never understood.

I never understood how Germans in the 1930's could elect and then support a man with the ides of Adolf Hitler.  Now, I see the same thing in the rise of Trump.  No, Trump is NOT Hitler, but the xenophobic bluster he espouses is surely close to the rhetoric of Mein Kampf.  And I still can not believe I am seeing this in my own country.

I also could never understand how all those protesters at the 1968 Democratic Convention could disrupt it and create such chaos, doing nothing more than helping someone that was the polar opposite was they wanted, Nixon.  But now, here, on TV, I see those Bernie or Buster delegates in the convention boo-ing as people speak and basically just being total dicks.  Is this going to help Bernie get elected?  No.  It will help no one other than Trump.  And they're so short sighted, just narrow minded morons, some of them prefer Trump to Hillary?  When Trump is at the exact opposite of the spectrum from ALL the Bernie stands for?  It boggles my mind.

I suppose the old saying holds true: those that do not know history are doomed to repeat it.  And the Trump Supporters and Bernie bots are apparently more interested in the next American Idol winner, or grabbing their Pokemon Go critters than history.

And if this whole election goes tits-up, I'm sure history will judge them as responsible for the outcome and the next four years of sheer hell.

POLT

No comments: