Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Well gang, I have no idea when I'll be updating the Palace again.  *SIGH*

I was the computer when I got home from work, I had some screens open and I left the computer to go make supper and eat it.

When I returned to the computer an hour and a half later, the keyboard would not work.  The mouse and pad worked just fine, but I got nothing from the keyboard no matter what buttons I hit.

*SIGH*

I fooled with it, looked for solutions using my phone.  I figured out how to get an onscreen keyboard, so that helped.  But nothing else I tried did anything.  Eventually I figured out how to make it use a restore point, and even after doing that....nothing.

This is a hardware issue, not a software issue apparently.  And I've had the computer only since May.  So tomorrow at work, I'll call the computer guys up the street from my house here, see if I can get them to look at it tomorrow.

I'm typing this from the old computer (I knew there was some reason I kept it plugged in, albeit turned off, sitting here in the living room).  But all my pics and such are on the new computer.

So, hopefully tomorrow evening, I'll be able to post again from the new computer once again.  I'm hoping whatever the issue is, it's easily fixed.  But I dont really expect that to be the case.

Damn.  computer are awesome....when they work....

POLT

No comments: