Sunday, May 04, 2014

In the family picture, but I see you...

Thursday is my grandmother's 90th birthday.  But we had a surprise party for her today. Over at the home she's living at.  There were 21 of us there: all four of her kids, their surviving spouses, 6 of her 7 grandchildren, and some of their spouses and 5 of her 6 great grandchildren.

WE just had cake and ice cream.  Afterwards, while the grownups sat around and talked, the kids were getting bored, rolling around on the floor and all.  I didn't want them bothering the staff or other residents, so i took them for a walk.  Just around the block, about a mile total.  But they ran ahead of me, and I did little but yell at them to wait, not to cross streets, and to stop yelling.  But with a 13 year old, 10 year old, 9 year old and 8 year old, that was pretty useless.  I was hoping to wear them out a bit and calm them down...but in reality, they wore me out.   Course, when we did get back, they were somewhat more subdued.  So I guess in the end, it was worth it.  And yeah, it was fun too.


Anyway, at one point, all the great grandkids, and I were crammed onto the sofa, and I took a selfie (or as the 10 year old informed me "If it's a group of people, it's called a groupie!").


Its not real good, cause there was a window behind us, and I think my camera lens in my phone is pretty dusty.  But that's it!

Left to right we have 10 yr old Tereek, 8 yr old Javion, old fart Polt, 7 yr old Cam, 12 yr old Lexi in back and the eyeball and head is 10 month old Lil Chris.

Fun kids. (Im sure some family members said ALL the kids were in the photo...including me.)

POLT

No comments: