Friday, May 30, 2014

Mom called me tonight to tell me Lil Chris was at her house.

His parents had gone...well gone somewhere, I don't know, for the weekend.  His grandmother (mom's sister, my aunt) was watching him all weekend and she had stopped by mom's house.  So I told mom to not let him leave until I got there!  And I hurried my ass up to her house!


When I got there, he was sitting on his grandma's lap. I put my hands out and asked him if he wanted to come to me.  Mom said probably not, cause earlier she tried to hold him and he just fussed and wanted nothing to do with her.  But I reached in, picked him up and took him to the couch.

And he and I had a blast.  He's 11 months old and he loves to just sit and rock and back and forth, so he and I both did that.  Then I brought the 'tickle-monster' out (my thumb and two fingers tapping each other), slowly had it approach him and then ticket his belly.  I did this repeatedly.  It got to the point all I had to do was hold my fingers up and he started just giggling and giggling.  And he crawled all over the couch, and me, and stood up with my help and all that fun stuff.

Then, his grandma said it was time to go, she had to bathe him and give him a bottle and then to bed.  So mom tried to get him from me, but he was having none of it.  So grandma took him.  And then mom took him from her...and he fussed and reached back for grandma!  

I don't understand it.  EVERYONE love's Mama Polt!  But I'm sure as he gets older he'll go right to her.

Anyways, while holding him, he and I took a selfie.


Two goofy smiles.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

So cute! I'm sure he'll come around to the wonder that is Mama Polt : ).