Monday, May 26, 2014

The is a memorial to honor the long gone....

How was my Memorial Day weekend?  I'll tell you, thanks for asking!

Friday after work, I met the ParisPekings at the Green Turtle and we chowed down and had a good time before meeting Ghostie at the theater.  And then the four of us saw Godzilla.  I rated it already on here somewhere, but overall, it was just meh, in my opinion.

Saturday I had to work, but even that wasn't all that bad.  After work, I came home, changed into shorts and walked to mom's house.  I got her car out of the garage and went to the parking lot, waiting for the bus.  She had taken a bustrip to Savannah all last week and was returning.  I picked her up, and her friend Polly who had gone along.  I drove them to Polly's house and got her unpacked.  Then, on the way to moms, I asked what we were doing for Memorial Day.  And I convinced mom to have burgers and dogs on the grill.  So we had to kinda turn around and go to Kline's Grocery to get some meat and mac salad.  But they were out of mac salad.

So mom said, "Let's go to Sunnyway in Greencastle, they should have mac salad, and we can eat in the diner there."  So, that's what I did, I drove us to Greencastle.  We ate at the diner first.  I had baked haddock, with fries and cole slaw, and it was all very delicious.  It's a small town diner, and the food there is always the best, ya know?  Then we went to the Sunnyway Grocery Store, and got, among other things, mac salad.  Then I drove the car to my house, unloaded my stuff, and mom got in the driver's seat and took her car home.

Sunday, I got up a lil late (10-ish).  Mom and I went to the Chinese buffet in town and had a great meal, then did some shopping in Wal-Mart.  Then I came home, took a nap, and waited for my uncle to call.  When he did, I went over to my grandmother's old condo and helped him carry a wall mirror out of it and helped him carry it down the stairs and into his truck.

I then came back to my house and took another short nap (yeah, I seem to still be doing that too much, but, eh, what can you do?).  Then I left to pickup my 'friend' Derrick.  We went to the theater and met A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking to see X-Men: Days Of Future Past (I'll hopefully have a review of that posted sometime soon).

After the movie, I took Derrick back to his place and went in with him for some bedtimesexxyfun.

Following this, I just came home and hung out here all night, not doing much of anything but putzing around online and reading.

Monday I got up, walked to moms and then went to watch the Parade with her.  After the parade, I came on home, read some more and then took a short nap.  About noon, I walked to mom's for the cookout.  In addition to us, mom's sister and her husband, brother, two nieces and a niece's son were there too.  We had burgers and dogs, mac salad, pickles, chips, cheese, deviled and picked eggs, baked beans and all kinds of deserts.  I ate WAY too much.

Then we sat around a talked for a bit.  I got to talk to my cousin who's pregnant for the first time.  That was a lot of fun.  And afterwards, I walked back home.  And yeah, took another short nap.  Then I read some more and did little to nothing else.

So it was all in all a very fun and relaxing weekend.  And the best part?  (well...other than the bedstimesexxyfun, of course) Since today was my regular day off and my holiday both, I get to take tomorrow off as my holiday!  I have another entire day off!  YAY!

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Hurray for extra days off. Hope it's a good one!