Friday, May 23, 2014

On no, there goes Tokyo, go, go, Godzilla.....

Saw Godzilla tonight, with the PairisPekings and Ghostie.


Meh.

The special effects and the monster fights scenes were pretty good.  But the 'human interest' stories were predictable, boring Hollywood stereotypical crap.  Not even the pretty eyes and nice arms of Kick-Ass as the lead actor could make it interesting.  Honestly, had they taken the humans out of the movie and just shown the monsters and such, it would have been a much more interesting movie.

But I had basically NO expectations going in.  And those expectations were met, so it's all good.

I'll look forward to the X-Men movie on Sunday.

But in the lobby of the theater, as we entered, I saw Kris and his new man standing in line to get some concession.  It turned away immediately, feeling a quite awkward.  I looked back, to make sure it was him, and....saw him waving.  I waved back and then turned back to my friends.  I mumbled something about Kris being here, and when i turned back around, I saw him walking towards me (luckily leaving the new man in line).  I just walked towards him too, and we hugged and said hi.  We chatted a bit: he said I got the birthday card I sent him, we talked about the movies we were here to see (he was seeing X-Men), we talked about his jobs, and where he was staying now.  Basically, it was a short, polite, genial conversation.  Altogether, not a bad thing.

Although, it was awkward for me, and frankly, I bit disturbing.  I saw the new man and....ugh, I was underimpressed. I thought, "That's what he started a relationship with, but for some reason I wasn't good enough?"  yeah, a bit mean, and I regretted it when I thought it.  but I was always a bit hurt, I'm not over him yet apparently.

But I've always tried to be a better man about the whole situation, so, as I said, even though it was a bit rough inside, I didn't show anything and everything went well. I just have to accept he's moved on, and move on myself.

So to conclude: meeting Kris, a bit awkward and sad, but tolerable; Godzilla, a bit awkward and sad, and.....that's it.

POLT

No comments: