Saturday, March 19, 2016

SO....

Yesterday, my friend Michelle and I decided, after work today I'd go to her place and we'd take her two dogs on a fun walk.  This week has been beautiful out, I took walks three out of the last four days, and planned on doing so again today.

But then today, about noon, it started to snow, and then turned to rain.  So yeah, no walk.  But she sent me a text and asked if I wanted to go to a birthday party with her.  I didn't really, but after work, I went to her house anyway.  And we hung out, had some wine and just chatted.

She convinced me to go with her.  Eh, what the hell, I thought?  They were having food, it was in a bar so there'd be alcohol, and I always have a good time with Michelle.  So I said sure.  And off we went.

Well the food was amazing.  The music was...okay.  But it was in a bar and there were regular patrons there as well, which was okay.  And we had alcohol.

Much to my own surprise, I was chatting up some of her relatives like I had always known them.  And she even got me out onto the floor for a slow dance once.  Who knew?

I'm pretty sure the last time I was in a bar that wasn't a gay bar, Barack Obama wasn't yet even a senator from Illinois.  So again, who knew?

Anyway, I was glad to not just go home and sit all night (even though I DO still want to watch more of Daredevil, the second season).  It was good to get out and have some fun, unexpectedly.

POLT

No comments: