Monday, February 06, 2012

People try to judge me when they're not in my shoes (Part 4)...

I recently finished Season 4 of Star Trek:Voyager, and it's time for the review.



This was the season we lost Kes, who I always felt was wasted potential, and gained Seven Of Nine.  By my recollection, this was when the show improved, but when it also became  "The Seven Of Nine and Voyager Crew Show", which was not a good thing.

However, ever viewing it again, one episode after the other, I see that the show definitely DID improve and didn't get to be too Seven-centric.  There were some of my favorite episodes this season, including "Scientific Method", the "Year Of Hell" two parter, "Message In A Bottle", and Hirogen episodes, and one that's surely one of the top ten ever: "Living Witness".

Of course, it still had some stinkers: "Revulsion", "Random Thoughts", "Retrospect", "Vis a Vis" and the horribly dull and boring "Unforgettable".  Even "Mortal Coil" showed some positive moments and non-irritating aspects of Neelix, which I didn't even know was possible.

I gave the series a B-.  It was s definite improvement over the first three seasons, but there were still problems.  Extensive damage to the ship is all fixed as good as new the next epsidode, shuttlecrafts are still lost left, right, and center, and there's nothing like an overarcing storyline, which there should have been.  But most episode were self-contained.

Still, it's a marked improvement over the previous seasons.  And isn't anywhere NEAR as bad as I thought it had been before watching it back to back.

POLT

No comments: