Tuesday, February 07, 2012

People try to judge me when they're not in my shoes (Part 5)....

Yesterday, I finished up the latest book I was reading.

And the two main words I can use to describe it were: "Dull" and "Boring".  It took me three week's to get through less than 300 pages.  Which is too bad, cause it had potential.  But it consisted mainly over a dozen or 15 so main characters all involved in introspection.  they worried about their jobs, their relationships, their futures, their past, their friends, and their enemies.  And....that was about it.

Oh there was a point where some Jem'Hadar attacked DS9, and that was pretty exciting, but after that...well, more introspection.  The Enterprise-E was in the Badlands and found one of the Orbs of the Prophets and then.....did nothing.  They were stuck in subspace eddies, or Badlands storms or what have you.  oh but their was plenty of self-reflection...although not from the characters we all know and love, but just some old guy.

There was also a murder of some old Bajoran lady, and Ro (who's Security Chief on DS9 now) solved some mystery, and there was a party for Jake Sisko's return, and something about a prophecy.  But mostly, it was just different characters....thinking to themselves.

*YAWN*

This was the first part of a two-parter that ALCMDPP loaned me cause he said it was good.  And I'm not one to question ALCMDPP's taste in things (well, actually, I am), but  I have no idea why he thought this was good.  Perhaps the second part is much better, but since it was such a slog to get through the first part, I'm gonna wait a bit to try to get through the second.

POLT

No comments: