Monday, February 18, 2013

And we can have some fun, one more weekend...

Saturday I picked Kris up from his work about 9:30 and brought him back here.  We watched some TV, made out on the couch, and then watched most of Saturday Night Live.  As we were both tired, be decided against bedtimesexxyfun. Also because we had also planned for him to spend Sunday night as well.  But he still had to work Sunday around noon.

So we got up Sunday morning and I got him to work before 10:00.  Then I came back here, hung out, putzed around online, read some, took a short nap, showered, and then picked him up at work again at 2:00.  We then went the local mall in Hagerstown and he bought a new wallet he needed.  He needed clothes for work too, but Maryland, there is tax and clothes and there is not in Pennsylvania.  So at my suggestion, we drove to the Chambersburg Mall.

On the way there, up the Interstate, we got caught in this freak snowsquall.  I had to actually slow down to like 30 miles an hour, I couldn't see two car lenths in front of me.  Luckily, that lasted about only 5 minutes and it was clear sailing the rest of the day.  At the Mall, he found a few things there, but no clothes.  And then, since it was already after three and neither of us had eaten lunch, we hit the buffet place there and gorged ourselves.

While eating, I suggest the big and tall store I usually shop at in Gettysburg.  They would certainly have things in his size.  His problem had been, when he found the correct pant length, it was the wrong waist size.  The right waist size was always too short.  So after eating, off we went to Gettysburg.

On the way, I had warned him that the clothes there was a bit pricey, but I could always find anything I wanted there.  And when we got there, he agreed, they were too pricey.  So we piled back in the car, I filled up Sebastian with gas, and off we went towards home.

When we got back into Waynesboro, we went to the Wal-Mart there, and he found a pair of pants.  Still no work shirt though.  And then we came home.

All in all, this was my trip yesterday:

Home to his work: 12.1 miles
His work to Valley mall: 6.5 miles, 18.6 miles total.
Valley Mall to Chambersburg Mall: 29.3 miles, 47.9 miles total.
Chambersburg Mall to Gettysburg Store: 25 miles,  72.9 miles total.
Gettysburg store to local Wal-Mart: 23.9 miles, 96.8 miles total.
Local Wal-Mart to home: 2.6 miles.

Grand Total: 98.4 Miles!

No wonder I needed fill up Sebastian in Gettysburg, eh?

So when we got back here, we (and when I say 'we' I mean, 'he') unhooked my old DVD/VHS player that died last week and hooked up my new DVD player I bought last week.  And then, we watched a movie on it just to be sure it worked and finished off a bottle of wine the ParisPekings gave me for Christmas.  It was a red wine, that I didn't really think I'd like, but it was sweet enough that I did enjoy it.  As did Kris.


By then, it was time for the repeat of last week's The Walking Dead, which he hadn't seen, and the new episode as well, which neither of us had seen.  And then to bed, with much talking and giggling and fun. Then this morning, we got up and I got him back to where he's staying about 10:00.  He had some things to do before going to work at 5:00.

And that was my Weekend With Kris.

POLT

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Busy day.
What movie did you see?

I stopped reading the Walking Dead graphic novels, so I'll be surprised at upcoming events. I am glad that they deviate from the books, though, so there are some surprises. There was some good gore in the last episode.

Polt said...

We watched the animated Ultimate Avengers 2.

And I still say, and will to my dying day, the graphic novels are far FAR superior to the tv show. I just so NOT like the tv Governor. Doesn't fit what I think the character of the Governor should be. But maybe that's cause I knew the graphic novel Governor first. :)

HUGS...