Tuesday, February 05, 2013

So some medical news from the world of Polt.

Grandma was not released from the hospital.  She still has fluid on her lungs.  They expect to release her tomorrow.  The doctor took her off the fluid pill a few weeks ago, and despite the doctors orders she still salts everything tremendously.  But hopefully she'll be home tomorrow, and back on her fluid pills.  Although the salt thing, yeah, she's never gonna stop that.

Angel has been going progressively deaf for a few years now.  Today mom took her to the vet's for a shot, and the vet said that Angel now has cataracts on her eyes.  So not only is she losing her hearing, but losing her sight as well.  But I can assure you, from whenever I eat anything over there, her sense of smell is still acute and perfect.

Today I had a dentist appointment.  I had broken a filling back in October, and I just now went in to get it fixed, right before I got my teeth cleaned.  When he first looked in, the dentist took a pic and poked around a lil bit and boom, the rest of the filling popped right off!  He said he was surprised it had stayed in as long as it had.  When I reached over with my tongue, though, I thought my entire tooth was gone.  He told me it wasn't, just that there wasn't much tooth left there.  And then he said I'd eventually have to get the tooth crowned, or just have to have it pulled.  Great.  But right afterwards, I got my teeth cleaned.  And the hygienist offered a choice of flavors at the end.  I chose Fruit Loops, just to see what it tasted like.  And damn if it didn't taste just like Fruit Loops!  But I survived it all with no tears, and a lot of laughter.  That why I LOVE my dentist, everyone in that practice is so much fun AND good at what they do!

Although I still, almost two hours later, can't feel my lower left jaw yet.

POLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reason you can't feel your lower left jaw is because you have a good dentist who isn't stingy about the lidocaine.

Michelle M. said...

Aww, poor little Angel. I hope she got some Pupperonis for having to have a shot.

I'm glad you have a great dentist. I know how much you hate going : ).

Sending best wishes to your grandma.