Thursday, February 14, 2013

I hope everyone has a lovely VD.
(as in Veneral Disease NOT Valentine's Day)





Yes I hate Valentine's Day.  Always have.  Both when I've been single and when I've been in a relationship.  In fact, I have advised my partners to NOT get me anything for Valentine's Day, if they were thinking about it, cause it would piss me off.  (although Freddie DID send me purple flowers in a purple vase that arrived on Valentine's Day, but the card read something like, "These are purple, not red, because they're not for Valentine's Day, there's just because I love you".  THAT I was okay with)

You see, if I love someone, I'm going to TELL them I love whenever *I* want to.  Not when the greeting card companies, and chocolate companies, and flower companies tell me I should.  It's a manufactured holiday.  And it's done to make people feel inadequate if they don't have a valentine, or if they don't get their valentine the right stuff.  Which is totally stupid and totally sucks.

So, I say, FUCK YOU to Valentine's Day.  FUCK YOU, Hallmark Greeting Cards.  FUCK YOU Russell Stovers Candy.  FUCK YOU Telefloral and FTD!  Fuck you all.

The only thing even remotely good about Valentine's Day is this guy right here:


POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I can certainly understand why you feel that way. I have spent many Valetine's Days alone. Somehow, it always seemed to work out I was single that day : <. So I always looked at VDay as a day to celebrate the love of my family and friends. And to buy myself chocolate and eat it guilt free.

Anyway, Happy Thursday! I LOVE YOU POLT! XOXO