Friday, February 14, 2014

Cupid's dead.....

If this is your first visit to The Palace, you may not know this, but....

I DETEST VALENTINE'S DAY!
It's a forced holiday, once devised and promoted by the card companies, candy companies and florists.  If I love someone, I'll tell them when I want to, not when corporations tell me to.  When I was dating Freddie, I told him NOT to give me a card, flowers or candy for the holiday, as I HATE it.  He did send flowers, but they were all purple and in a purple vase.  And the card read, "These aren't for Valentine's Day, they're just cause I love you. And they're purple!"  (or something similiar, I dont remember the exact words)  Anyway, that, I was fine with.

But how do I feel about VD?  Here:


Because of my feelings on this issues, we'll dispose of Frenching Fridays this week....I dont want to be miscontrued as perhaps supporting it.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I see your point. I use this holiday as an excuse to get chocolate. Of course, I use EVERY holiday as an excuse to get chocolate. Even if I have to buy it for myself.