Monday, February 03, 2014

So, last night was The Super Bowl.  I thought the Denver Broncos were the better team so at the Party I was at I was rooting for the Seattle Seahawks.  I still thought Denver would beat them, and badly.

Wow.  Was I wrong.

The Seahawks didn't just beat the Broncos, they decimated them.  They embarrassed them.  Shamed them, really.  Frankly, I was amazed, not only at the final store, but at how totally and completely the Seahawks dominated the game.

It was still entertaining.  And the commercials weren't too stupid or too outrageous.  And some of them were actually funny.  I had a great time at the party.  Too much food, of course, just like every year.  But I did, during halftime, slow dance not only with an older married woman, but a teenager as well.  (See it right HERE)  It was the teenagers first time dancing like that.  I HAD to show her when she said she didn't know how to dance, but could twerk for me.  *SIGH*

And speaking of the halftime show....when I heard Bruno Mars was performing, my thoughts were, "What?  He's not a big enough name.  he's too new.  He's not paid his dues yet.  He's no Diana Ross, or Michael Jackson, or Madonna, or U2, or The Who, or Aerosmith."   And he clearly wasn't.  I'd say he was the cutest halftime performer ever, but I didn't think he was in the caliber of other acts.

However, his performance was...pretty good.  I was impressed.  It was very entertaining, wasn't over the top, almost classy.  And having the Chili Peppers pop up and just start playing, nicely done.  I'm glad it wasnt cold or snowy, cause how would the Chili Peppers have been shirtless and all?

Anyway, the Super Bowl, the game and halftime performance, was both very entertaining and fun this year.  I hope next year's bowl is just the same.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I watched this year with Harry (who is from Seattle). I didn't think any of the commercials really stood out, but I may have missed a few. Bruno Mars did a great job.

That's great that you got to teach someone how to dance (it may come in handy someday for her : ).