Sunday, April 06, 2014

Back in March, I decided that starting in April, I was going to walk on that treadmill every other day. I'd start at 15 minutes, and gradually work my way up.  Yeah, it was a good plan.

And then came April 1, and no walk.  And April 2 passed with no treadmill.  And then April 3 came and went and no treadmill.

And then, on April 4th, later in the evening, like 9:00, right before I went to bed, I looked at the treadmill and felt guilty.  And disappointed.  And a bit of digust with myself, actually.

So right then and there, I turned on the treadmill and got on it.  And walked for 15 minutes.  And read my book while I did so.  And then on both the 5th and the 6th, I walked again for 15 minutes reading my book.  I'm only walking .62 miles at a time, which is paltry considering what I used to walk.  But it's better than walking at all and just sitting on my fat ass.

And in doing so, I've met the goal I've set for myself: so far in the 6 days of April I have walked 3 of them.  And despite a bit of a twingy pain in my right calf, I like how I'm feeling.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Good for you. When you fall off the treadmill, you just have to get back on!