Sunday, April 20, 2014

I do this same post every year, but it's my blog, so whatever, I'm doing it again.

Easter was always a big deal with my mom's father.   His family (four kids, their spouses and us 7 grandkids) would all go out to their house and eat supper and then we'd have an egg hunt.  At first, there would be ten lil plastic eggs with ten pennies in each, and each kid would have to find ten of them, thus getting a dollar. (hey, it was the 70's...a dollar was worth a lot more back then)  

And Pap always got so into the hiding of the eggs.  It was his thing. (my uncles and my dad would hide them as well....and usually would forget where he hid one and we couldn't find it.  Pap would run over it something with the lawn mower.)

Pap died in 1998.  Most years since then, I've decorated a hard boiled egg and taken it down to his grave.  And this year was no exception.  I dont expect the eggs last very long, what with all the wildlife that live down around there.  But I do it for Pap, not for the longevity of the gift.

And since this IS an Easter Post, after all, how about some bunny pics?





But most Easters....well they can be pretty exhausting, right?


POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

What a nice memory.

That last photo is too cute.