Monday, April 14, 2014

Bits N Pieces

Well, grandma, is back in the hospital.  A few week's ago, she left the hospital and we got into a home.  It's a local (only two block from my house), only has 28 residents and is a pretty nice place as those places go.  Yesterday when mom and I went to see her, she had a cough and had asked for cough drops.  Today, mom had to take her back to the hospital, where they admitted her.

Mom said she didn't look good at all.  The people at the hospital told her grandma's pacemaker is doing all the work keeping her heart working, she's 100% reliant on it.  Her heart won't beat without it.  This, well obviously, this doesn't sound good.  And mom said she's not too sure how long grandma's gonna last, or if she's gonna make it through this one.  And grandma's got a Do Not Resuscitate order.  So we'll see how this goes, I guess.
************************
Continuing on with the good news, I dont think I mentioned this here, but mom's neighbor and good friend, Mary Lou, who was suffered from cancer, died last Monday.  It was something of a relief, not only for mom but for Mary Lou's kids as well.  She was not eating, and had been, well, suffering.  And she wasn't going to get any better.  They're not having a service for her, just cremation and a private service.

I have thought for a while that once Mary Lou is gone, Mom's going to seriously start looking at moving.  I think Mary Lou was the only thing keeping her there.  The house and yard are really too big for her.  And she wants a house without steps, cause her knees aren't the best.
*************************
Continuing with the above theme, Sunday, mom and I went to an Open House she wanted to look at.  Well we went and waited, but the realtor never showed.  And there wasn't anything on the sign saying it was an open house.  So mom called the number and found out the newspaper was wrong and the realtor was at a different house.  Didn't make mom happy.

But I laughed, cause we got to the house early, like twenty minutes early.  And we sat there in the car, with the air conditioning running until mom decided to go to the door and look in the windows.  Wasted all that time.

But I'm a smidge glad it happened the way it did.  I dont like the house she wanted to move into.  Not the look of it, nor the location.  It's out of town.  Not in the countryside or anything, but in a 'suburb'.  I mean, it's still gonna be less than a ten minute drive. Still for some reason, I don't like her going out of the town.  This is something I'll have to deal with and work through...
*************************
Got on the treadmill today again (7 times this month in 14 days this month...doing well so far).  I saw there was a button that said "Around The World", so I pushed it and the first thing that came up was Death Valley.  I thought yeah, that'd be good, it's flat there, should be an easy walk.

But oh NO!

The incline went through a range of somewhere between 5.5 and 10.  it would fluctuate back and forth.  And man it SUCKED.  I have never used the treadmill on anything faster than 3.5.  This was crazy.  I only walked 15 minutes and only .71 miles, but a height of 302 vertical feet.

Man, my legs are gonna be SO sore tomorrow.
***********************
The house behind my house has been sold.  I've seen two guys and a girl hanging out around the house.  And they have two dogs I saw out in the yard.  I definitely want to meet the dogs.  I wasn't sure about the humans...you know how that goes, right.

Anyway, today, mom and I were talking and mom knows one of the closer neighbors to the new people.  Mom's friend is kind of a...busybody.  So she want right up to their door and rang the bell and introduced herself.

It turns out, living there is a guy, his 'partner' and the guys mother.  So my neighbors are a guy and his 'partner'.  Nice.   I bet that busy body's head exploded when she heard about it all.
***********************
Yesterday was like 80 degrees, today was mid 70s.  Way too warm for mid April.  It sucked.  Tomorrow, there's a front coming through.  There'll be rain and thunderstorms and into Wednesday morning, there's a possibility of snow and freezing temperatures.  Seriously.  I hate weather.
***********************
And of course, we have the Obligatory Bits N Pieces Eye Candy!


POLT

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope she's not in pain.

And I hope Mama Polt finds a house that meets your approval : ).

And I also hope that your neighbors dogs aren't barkers.

Congrats on the walking!

vuboq said...

Word to the wise: Never do any sort of exercise that has "death" in the title.

I hope your grandmother will be OK.

**smooches**