Thursday, March 28, 2019

A recent dream...

I had found this really cute, blond, twink college guy and took him to my parents' house (where I was living) and we had really awesome sex. (I don't remember the sex, I remember watching him undress and then both of us laying sweaty, naked in bed and thinking, "that was some really awesome sex:").  But then I had to get him back to college and I had to get back to work, as it was my lunch hour.

I was fully dressed but he was still getting dressed.  So I went to leave, and there, suddenly, was my cousin Brian.  I realized I didn't have my car keys, but Brian said he had them, and handed them to me.  As I thanked him, I saw my other cousin Jaime there as well.  But I had to get going.

I went outside, and my car wasn't there.  I looked up and down the street and it was nowhere to be seen.  I went back in the house and saw Brian and Jaime and the college guy talking in the kitchen.  None of them had seen the car either.


I went back outside and walked up to the corner and looked up and down the side streets, and didn't see the car anywhere. Now I was panicking!  

I went back to the house and none of them had any idea where the car was.  I told the college guy to come with me, and we left, walking towards the college.  But then, around the corner, I saw a library.   It was a library I had never seen before, although it looked strikingly like a Barnes&Noble I had been in when I was in Richmond VA.  


But anyway, we both went in, and there, sitting in front of the big front windows, at a table covered in opened books, sat my mother's mother, reading a newspaper.

This is quite strange in that she's been dead for three years, I doubt she's ever set foot in a library, and I'm fairly certain she never cracked a book in the last 75 years of her life  And in fact, I'm not at all sure she ever read a newspaper other than the National Enquirer (that she bought only because, supposedly, Pap wanted it for the crosswords, not that she actually read the gossip).

At any rate, I ran over to her and said hi, and she said hi back but didn't look up from the newspaper.  I told her I needed a car, and could I borrow hers?  And she said I absolutely could....but she didn't have it with her.  I asked where it was, and she said she lent it to my cousin Brian, and he dropped her off here.  Oh, and she never stopped reading the paper.

I almost screamed out loud....but I was in a library, so I didn't.  But I grabbed the hand of the college guy and dragged him out of the library and back towards my parent's house....which I knew was now about several blocks away.  And that we'd never make it in time.  And now I was going to be late getting back to work!

And then I woke up.  Pissed off and angry.  And it was NOT a good start to the day.


POLT

No comments: