Friday, June 28, 2019









Today, is the 50th Anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, the beginning of the Gay Rights Movement.  

Related image

Back on June 28th, 1969, when the cops again raided the gay bar called the Stonewall Inn, the patrons had had enough.  The drag queens, the transvestites, the transgendered, the hustlers, the street kids, all fought back.  And said enough was enough!  And because of those brave men and women back then, I am now able to live, work, play, and survive.  And even though our rights, and our existence, and under threat thanks to the small minded, the bigots, the homophobes, the ignorant, and the just plain evil, I am still not PROUD to say I'm gay!  And thanks be to those who came before me who gave me the ability to be so.


Related image

Related image

Related image

POLT

No comments: