Monday, December 19, 2011

Friday night I was making deviled eggs for our Family Christmas on Saturday (the eggs were delicious, thanks for asking).  All of a suddenly I got this pain in my right eye.  Or more accurately, right below my right eye.  The sharp pain quickly went away, but a lingering pain remained.  And all weekend it was there, with periodic flareups of the sharp pain.

Luckily, this morning, I had a regular doctor's appointment.  While there I asked him about it.  While looking in my eye with the light he told me I had an abcess.  Huh?  He said there's a gland right under my tear duct that got infected.  Lovely.  He said it looked like it was draining, which was good, because if it didn't drain I'd have to go to my eye doctor who they can lance it.  LANCE it????  Oh HELL no.  He gave me an antibiotic, but told me it could cause violent nausea and vomiting (oh joy) and make me photosenstive, which means I would get a sunburn on a sunny day like today.  So if either of that happens, I'm supposed to let him know.


Well since taking the first antibiotic, I'm not violently ill, but my stomach is upset, kinda topsy turvy.  Looks like chicken soup for me for supper tonight.  But at least I know what's wrong with my eye.  And what to do about it.  Oh and I have to put warm compresses on it as well.  Hopefully this'll take care of it all.

Oh and my bloodwork on the diabetes got a bit worse after last time's great improvement.  But I expected that because since then there's been Halloween, and all that candy, Thanksgiving, and all that food, and right after Thanksgiving until now has been all of Mama Polt's cookies/Peanut Brittle/candies/etc. But by the next time, it should improve again.

oh, and I'm pretty sure that one of the guys I was with last week gave me a bug, cause starting...well about the same time my eye started hurting, I've had a sore throart and stuffy head.  So now I'm on, in addition to the antibiotics, some DayQuil cold meds.  Blech.

Hope hot chicken soup helps, I hate being a pathetically sick Polt.

POLT

No comments: