Monday, December 05, 2011

The air was still, I felt the pull...

Well the tooth is gone.  And it was, like last October, a breeze.  The worst part was all the worrying and stressing I did beforehand.  There was very little tooth hanging down so much of it had broken off, and I was convinced he's have to go digging for the roots.  And maybe he did I don't know.

What I do know is that after the novocaine had taken effect and he went in to start, I closed my eyes and started counting.  I counted one thousand one, one thousand two, to see how long it actually took, but also to give me something to think about other than what was actually happening.  And yeah, I heard two cracks, which were kinda nauseating, and I felt him jerking the tooth back and forth, which wasn't pleasant either.  But I was only in the mid-50 second range when he told me to bite down, that we were done.  Amazing.

Both he and later his assistant, said I did a great job.  But I corrected them both times and told them THEY did the great job, not me.  I DO so love my dentist and his employees.

When I got home, I took one of the percocets I had from last year.  I had asked him if they'd still be good if he prescribed them in October of last year and he told me they would be.  But as I'm putting the pill bottle back in the cupboard, I notice it reads "Penicillion!"  I took one of those by accident.  The Percocets were another bottle in there!  DUH!  So I'll take a Percocet when I go to change the gauze here in a little bit.  And as a bonus, if there's any bacteria that got in the hole where my tooth was, well now the Penicillion will take care of them for me! :)

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Yay! What a relief. Now you can enjoy life again : ).