Thursday, May 16, 2013

Defying the tide, come on Gatsby, step aside....

Last night, Mrs. A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking and I had a pleasant supper together (at Applebees) and then went to see The Great Gatsby.


It was an okay movie.  It was long and plodding.  But it had an amazing 'look' to it.  The music was, at times, totally appropriate, 1920's fare and at other times, totally anachronistically,  current dance and rap music.  But it wasn't a distraction, and in fact, worked quite well.  It was a good film, I was entertained throughout.  

I enjoyed it, but I'm not raving about it.  I certainly would not go see it again in a theater, but if it were on TV in a few years, I'd probably watch it again.

All I can say is, if you're on the fence of seeing it or not, go see it.  You won't be blown away, but you will be glad you saw it.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I saw it on Thursday - it was better than I thought it would be. I thought Leonardo did a great job.