Friday, May 31, 2013

Bits-N-Pieces

This week, the temp's have soared up to over 90 degrees around  here.  I despise hot days.  Especially when it's not even officially June yet.  Its supposed to continue through the weekend.  Blech.

At work, at least, the a/c is working superbly.  In fact, today, while in my office, one of the clients was shivering.  Yes, shivering!  And while it's great to work in cool comfort, the ride home in the heat sucks, so I blast the a/c.  But when I get home, all the windows are up to catch the breeze and I am wearing the least amount of clothing allowed.  Course, sleeping still has to be done in a/c, cause I refuse to sleep in heat sweating.

Ah well, whatever....I'll be bitching about this until probably the end of September, possibly even into October, so get used to it.
**************************
My new pedometer app is a talking pedometer app, which I didn't know when I got it and which was rather jarring.  I'm taking a walk, listening to my music, not thinking about anything, really. And then, suddenly, I  hear over the music, this woman's voice "16 point something minutes time, distance, 1 mile."  then some other peppy music plays for like three seconds and then a guys's voice comes on and says, "Great workout! Keep it up!"  It does this every mile that I walk.  And when I'm finished and push stop, the guy's voice says something like, "Now THAT was a workout!  Now hit the shower, you've earned it!"

I chuckle everytime I hear it, cause it's still a bit jarring, but just hearing it makes me laugh.
***************************
This week, I got my yearly review at work.  It was satisfactory, which I what I expected, it's all good.  But on the fourth page of the review, where I have to sign it, my superior left my goals for the next year.  He listed two: attempting to keep my work area more organized and to be more meticulous in my paperwork, not making typos and that sorta stuff.  And both of them are valid criticisms, cause I do make stupid typos all the time that I shouldn't.  And if you've ever seen my office, you can attest to it's messiness.  I mean, it IS organized, I know where everything is in that mess.  But it IS a mess nonetheless.

I had no problems with the review, I signed it, made my copy and returned it to my superior with my thanks.

I was chuckling to myself a bit about it, and I called mom and told her.  And then I reminded her that when I was in elementary school, the grading system there was O-outstanding, S-satisfactory, and N-non-satisfactory.  Well every report, I ALWAYS got an N in neatness, penmenship and organization, but everything else I got O's in and some S's.  So mom and I were laughing about how I haven't changed.

After we hung up, my superior showed up at my office with the review.  He flipped to the fourth page and pointing out his goals for me, including the being more attentive to paperwork.  And I laughed, and explained what I had just discussed with mom.

He nodded and said, "Well yes, and then there's this." He flipped over to the fifth page and pointed to the line where I was supposed to sign it there as well!  I had totally missed it!  And I even looked at the fifth page and didn't sign it.  And this is the same form used for years, I KNEW I had to sign it there too.

*SIGH*  We both laughed.  And I signed it.
**************************
I got a CD in the exchange, from the awesome Michelle M., filled with great songs.  But as I was going down the list, I saw one there and I'm sure I squeed out loud: "Madness" by Muse.  Muse is my favorite band, and I haven't gotten their latest CD yet, but I'm hearing "Madness" all over the radio and just love it.  And now I have it!  And have I been listening to it?  Um...DUH!  I listened to the entire 25 minute drive to work one day earlier this week!  Here....give it a listen!


LOVE that song!

And the guys in the yellow trench coat is freakin' gorgeous!  And can anyone tell me what kinda guitar that guy is playing?????
***************************
And of course, the Obligatory Bits-N-Pieces Eye Candy!


POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I'm glad I put the song on then! I almost didn't because I know you love Muse and figured you already had it. But I liked how it kind of flowed with the songs before and after it : ).