Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I've got books filling my shelves, day and night...

Last month, when I was at a local used book store (Wonder Book And Video) I got a coupon to be used in January there.  If you brought in a canned good, you could get a free book when you buy one.  And I asked, so with one can, you could get an equal number of books for any number of books you bought. I thought it was a good deal, and a good thing (helping needy people get meals).

So yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment, and the office was near the used book store.  I stopped on the way to the doctor's office and bought a case of canned corn.  It was at Sav-A-Lot, so it wasn't a lot of money, but still, it was a case of canned foods.  And then after the appointment, I went to the book store and turned the cans in.

Then I looked through the store.  Much to my surprise, I only found three books I really wanted.  But then I picked up another one, just so I could get two for free.  Seemed kinda of a waste, but still, it was for charity, right?  And I was glad to see, that while I was there, two other people brought in bags of cans.

But anyway, here's an update to the yearly book total:

Jan 16: 5 books for $18.00; average $3.60 per book.
Jan 20: 4 books for $15.37; average $3.84 per book
     Total: 9 books for $33.37: average $3.71 per book.

POLT

No comments: