Saturday, January 04, 2014

So yesterday, after work, mom came down and we took down all my Christmas stuff.  This is unusual, since it was only the third of January, but it's when I wanted to take it down.  Its unusual cause I normally keep it up longer than that.  In the apartment, there were several years when I left the tree up until Valentine's Day.  And one time I even left it up until Memorial Day, so this early is kinda unusual.  But at least its done.
Sebas
Last night, also, I started to get a cold.  A tickle in my throat and a stuffy head.  So today, I've been taking Alka-Seltzer Plus regularly since I woke up.  I still felt like crap, so after I did all the stuff I had to do at work today, I left at 11:00.  I got some orange juice on the way home and have been drinking that as well.  And, earlier in the afternoon, I even took a short nap on the couch, that was nice.  Now, I've settled in to watch the NFL Playoffs.  And that's pretty much my plan for the entire weekend.

When the mail got here, I got a nice pleasant surprise.  You may, or may not, recall, that back in November 2012 I was in a small accident on the way to work one day.  Well just today I FINALLY got the refund check from my insurance for the $500 deductable I paid back then.  Was clearly the other girl's fault, but apparently she, or her insurance were fighting it for some reason.  But I dont really care what was happening, all I know is I got an additional $500 back!  And just in time too...got my car insurance coming due the end of the month.

POLT

No comments: