Tuesday, January 07, 2014

SO Im still sick.  Blech.  Still living off Alka-Seltzer Plus and sleeping/napping more than a newborn.  But even so, there was a bill I HAD to get in the mail today as well as some birthday cards and I wanted to get that insurance refund check into the credit union.

So I showered (for the first time since Saturday morning) although I didn't shave.  I thought the extra hair might help keep me warm (in the negative degree windchill).  So I got out into the car, and Sebastian started, but sluggishly.  So I sat there for about a minute and let him warm up.  Then I drove to moms, cause I wanted to get the paper.  I went inside, talked to her for a bit (my uncle went into surgery today, and is still in it now as far as I know), but when I went to leave and start the car...nothing.  Not even a click.  It was dead.

I went back in and told her this and then went back out to try the car.  This time is started, very slowly, but wouldn't accelerate even with the pedal to the floor.  So I had to drop mom off where she was having a luncheon then I went to my mechanic's and told him all this (I was driving mom's car then).  He said they'd come look at it in a bit.

SO I went to mom's and waited.  When they got there, of course it started up, but the Service Engine Soon light was on, so he said they'd take it to their place and see if they could figure it out.  So I waited at mom's until someone she was eating with dropped her off.  Then she brought me home.

I spent the afternoon laying on the couch, reading and napping.  When I called the mechanic he said he had just gotten down with it and it the problem was...the throttle panel?  The way he explained it, over time, gunk builds up on it and that would prevent it from starting properly and would screw up the computer and turn on the Service Engine Soon light.  He said he cleaned the throttle panel off and everything was working fine.

So Mom took me there, I paid him and brought it home.  It started up a bit slow, but started up it did.  And it worked fine going home.  I guess the cold could have something to do with it.  At least I hope that had something to do with it and it's fixed otherwise.

But after all this, I was exhausted.  The cold or flu or whatever is wiping me out.  I've felt worse, that's for sure, but I just can't seem to shake it this time.  And now it's in my chest.  Im coughing up phlegmy crap.  What fun that is.  Anyway, that's the way my day went, how was yours?

POLT

3 comments:

Tam said...

Sorry you are feeling sickly. Hope it passes soon.

I had car issues as well. Sunday, getting ready to take Kristen to the airport and the damn thing wouldn't start, then the battery started draining. Arrghh. Finally got it started. Today they said the batter was a bit low on charge. It's only about 2 years old. Grrr. Hopefully neither one of us will have their car die soon. Not in the cold anyway.

Anonymous said...

When it's this cold out batteries don't do so well providing the current necessary. One thing you can do just to get the battery warmed up is to turn on the headlights for about 10-30 seconds before you try to start the car. Then turn the lights off and start the car.

Michelle M. said...

Hope it's fixed. Now stay home and get well!