Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Don't know much about history....

Last year, I found a book at Ollie's Discount Barn called "Daily Dose Of Knowledge: History".


It was only $5 so I grabbed it.  And what I'm going to do this year is read a page a day and learn something new each day.  I doesn't run on dates, but runs on days (starts with Sunday).  So that past Sunday, even though it was still the last year and not the new one, I started reading it.  It's just a page of history info today. So far I've read about The Signing Of The American Constitution, The English Peasant's Revolt, The Birth Of The Ottoman Empire and today The Origins Of The British East India Company.

Should be a very informative year.

POLT

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I recently read this history book. It was full of the scandal. I would recommend it - but see if they have it at your library (free!) He's written others, too.
http://www.amazon.com/Treasury-Royal-Scandals-Shocking-Wickedest/dp/0140280243