Thursday, January 02, 2014

Giving you a heart attack-ack-ack-ack....

So yesterday mom made the traditional (for us) New Year's Day meal: hog maw.  If you dont know what that is, you can click the link, but dont be eating or anything when you do.  Anyway, she invited me, and her mother (as always) and her brother and his wife.

When they got there, my uncle was having a bit of a time breathing.  He wasn't gasping then, but he had been earlier, going up the stairs to grandma's place.  And he said he still had a little difficulty breathing.  But they stayed through the meal and after taking grandma home, they were taking him to the emergency room.

So last night, mom calls me to say my uncle has pneumonia in both the upper and lower lobes of his left lung.  And that they were admitting him.  Okay, I thought, that's good.  They'll treat him there and give him to stuff to take care of it.

Well then today at work, mom calls me to say he does in fact not have pneumonia, he was at the tail end of a heart attack and has blockages, one 95%, one 99% and one 100% blocked.  So they did a catherization, and they're going to send him to Hershey Medical Center for bypass surgery, but now, after the catherization, he has to lay flat for a certain amount of time.  And when they time is up, they'll send up there then.  Probably tomorrow.


With a blizzard hitting us.  And the further north you get, like say to Hershey, they worse it is.  *SIGH*


So anyway, keep my uncle in your thoughts and prayers.  He's only 15 years older than me.  That's too close, ya know?  Both in age and in relation.  75 year old strangers needing bypass surgery dont really bother me much, ya know?

UPDATE: My uncle's already up at Hershey, has been there since about 3:00pm.  They're not doing the surgery until Monday, but they're keeping there until then. My aunt talking to him tonight and he told he felt fine, just tired.  So it's all good.  Thanks for any and all thoughts and prayers, although keep him in mind for the surgery.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

Mojo for your uncle. I'm glad they admitted him at the hospital, at least he was in the right place to have them help him. Hope the weather eases and he can get to the right hospital for the surgery.

Michelle M. said...

Sending your uncle healing thoughts - it's good they found it when they did. Keep us updated.