Tuesday, November 25, 2014

How was my birthday?  Well even thought it's not quite over yet, I'll tell you.

So far, I've received 81 Happy Birthday wishes on Facebook, three Happy Birthday texts, 10 in person Happy Birthday wishes, 7 birthday cards in the mail, and 1 Happy Birthday phone call.  Not a bad haul.

I went into work today on my birthday and then decided to just take tomorrow off and make it a two day holiday (with Thanksgiving on Thursday, or course).  And that decision has absolutely nothing to do with my wish to NOT have to drive in 5-8 inches of snow tomorrow before, during or after work.  Nope, nothing to do with that at all.  Nosiree.

Taking Wednesday off work was kind of my birthday present to myself.  What else did I get gift wise?  Well there was a chance I was gonna get a lil birthday nookie, but that didn't pan out.  Derick did text me and tell me to 'get ready for my birthday gift' the next time I see him.  That sounds like fun.  Also, FDot, sent me this book:


It's amazing!  A bunch of Golden Age Superman comics!  Nice.

Through Sunday Delivery (who knew the USPS even HAD Sunday delivery?) I received the following from Michelle M., Harry M., and the whole flock:


yes, it's a hot water bottle in a sweater cozy.  I think it was meant as an old man joke, but as cold as my feet always are, I'm honest to God gonna use it, when I'm sitting on the couch and my feet are cold, I'm just gonna put under the soles of my feet and keep them nice and toasty warm!

Yesterday, when Mom and I were out and about, she bought me lunch at Red Lobster as my birthday lunch.  And she gave me these:


They were a gift, to help me get over my dissatisfaction with and anger about the lack of customer service at KMart and not getting a TV as I planned.

Then.....

Today, I come home from work, I walk in and see this in my dining room:


I immediately call mom.  And I'm saying to her "What's wrong with you?""You're crazy doing something like this!" "What were you thinking?"  "I didn't take you along yesterday so you could buy me a TV!" "You didn't have to do this!"  And of course I thanked her several times.  

I wasn't ungrateful.  But she's done this kinda thing before, bought me big ticket items when I was going to get them for myself.  Her answer always is something like, "You're going to get all my money when I die, but I'd like to be able to see you enjoying it while I'm still alive."  She's such a good woman, a saint.

She said that this was the deal: Since I was going to spend $250 dollars on a 40" yesterday, I could just give her $250 and the rest of the cost would be my birthday gift.  Okay, that I was alright with.  But I told her this was bigger than the one I was looking at.  She said this one, the 42" was on sale and she got it cheaper than what she would have paid for a 40".  So, okay....I've got a 42" TV to get hooked up and the 32" currently in my living up to my bedroom.   Good thing I'm off work tomorrow so I can do all that.


Anyway, that was my Birthday.  All in all, a pretty good one.  And now I have to go back to Facebook and check if I got anymore than 81 wishes.

POLT

No comments: